31 March 2017 (Berkeley, Gloucestershire)
The Church Buildings Council in partnership with the Diocese of Gloucester is holding a one day workshop for those involved in the care, maintenance, management and conservation of historic church interiors. The workshop, from 10am to 4pm, will be held at Edward Jenner House, Berkeley, GL13 9BN.
For more information and to book, please click here.
Attendees will learn about:
- recognising signs of active deterioration
- planning for a conservation project
- who to involve in a project and at what point in the project
- raising funds for conservation projects
- overcoming obstacles and achieving the project’s goals
- the importance of maintenance and care.
Conservators, architects and DAC staff will be providing their perspectives on conservation work in churches.
The day will focus on Berkeley St Mary, next door to Edward Jenner House, with talks from the parish on the work undertaken in their church, and a tour of the church by church wardens.
Additionally, there will be a Conservation Clinic run at lunchtime, where DAC and CBC staff will be available to discuss conservation issues raised by attendees.
Cost (including lunch): £33