Grants for the conservation of timberwork
Next closing date: Tuesday 7 May 2019
Grant applications will be considered from anglican churches in England. To be eligible, the structures must be of artistic or historical significance. It is recommended, when appropriate, that applications address the relationship of timberwork structures with the building fabric.
Grant awards are usually up to £8,000. Details of previous awards can be found in our Annual Report.
Applications are made online and you will be asked to upload the following supporting documentation:
- Conservation report prepared in accordance with our guidelines
- Statements of significance and need prepared in accordance with our guidelines
- Latest Quinquennial Inspection report
- Brief summary of any recommendations in the Quinquennial Inspection report that have been completed, are in progress or are about to be put in hand
- DAC and any other advice on the project
- Letter from your Archdeacon in support of the project
- Statement of most recent annual audited church accounts.
If you have already obtained a conservation report, and you have the supporting documents listed above, you can apply via our online application form. Click on the link to start your application.
If you would like to discuss the eligibility of your project contact: