Grants for the conservation of clocks
Next closing date: 25 March 2019 for a May funding decision
All mechanical clocks in anglican churches in England are eligible, including early electro-mechanical clocks.
The project must involve overhaul and repair of the movement and/or dial motionwork. Repair and redecoration of the dial itself is only considered when the dial is ancient and of historical interest and the treatment is conservation-based.
Grant awards under this programme are usually up to £8,000. Details of previous awards can be found in our Annual Report.
Applications are made online and you will be asked to upload the following supporting documentation:
- Conservation report prepared in accordance with our guidelines
- Images of the clock movement and dial/s
- DAC clock advisor's advice on the project
- Latest Quinquennial Inspection report
- Brief summary of any recommendations in the Quinquennial Inspection report that have been completed, are in progress or are about to be put in hand.
- Letter from your Archdeacon in support of the project
- Statement of most recent annual audited church accounts
If you have already obtained a conservation report, and you have the supporting documents listed above, you can apply via our online application form. Click on the link below to start your application.
If you would like to discuss the eligibility of your project contact: