Grants for the repair of church plate
Next closing date: Monday 19 November 2018
In partnership with the Goldsmiths’ Company, grants are available for the repair of church plate to ensure its regular use by congregations. Grant applications will be considered from anglican churches in England.
Before applying, parishes are encouraged to contact the Goldsmiths’ Company for details of contractors experienced in the repair of church plate. The contractor will be able to assess the condition of the object and prepare a report advising on repair treatments and costs. Please contact:
The Goldsmiths' Company
London EC2V 6BN
T: 020 7606 7010
Once you have obtained a condition report, you can apply for a grant online. You will be asked to upload the following supporting documentation:
- Condition report (as described above)
- Latest Quinquennial Inspection report
- Brief summary of any recommendations in the Quinquennial Inspection report that have been completed, are in progress or are about to be put in hand.
- DAC and any other advice on the project
- Letter from your Archdeacon in support of the project
- Statement of most recent annual audited church accounts.
If you have already obtained a condition report, and you have the supporting documents listed above, you can apply via our online application form. Click on the link below to start your application.
If you would like to discuss the eligibility of your project contact: