Grants for the conservation of bells and bell frames
Next closing date: Monday 16 April 2018
Grant applications will be considered from anglican churches in England for all bells and bell frames identified by the Church Buildings Council as being of historic significance, all bells cast before 1700 and historic bell frames. Bells and bell frames of a later date can be considered where there is a strong reason based on historic interest.
Projects must include conservation treatment of the bells themselves (e.g. removal of cast in crown-staples, turning, welding cracked bells) or conservation of a historic bell frame. They should also follow the Council's Code of Practice.
Grant awards are usually up to £8,000. Details of previous awards can be found in our Annual Report.
Applications are made online and you will be asked to upload the following supporting documentation:
- Conservation report prepared in accordance with our guidelines
- Latest Quinquennial Inspection report
- Brief summary of any recommendations in the Quinquennial Inspection report that have been completed, are in progress or are about to be put in hand
- DAC and any other advice on the project
- Letter from your Archdeacon in support of the project
- Statement of most recent annual audited church accounts.
If you have already obtained a conservation report, and you have the supporting documents listed above, you can apply via our online application form. Click the link below to start your application.
If you would like to discuss the eligibility of your project contact: