The Care of Cathedrals Measure and Cathedrals
The Cathedrals Fabric Commission for England (CFCE) publishes guidance on the operation of the Care of Cathedrals Measure and on the care, conservation and development of cathedrals. This will be useful to cathedral chapters planning works covered by the Measure and others involved with cathedral projects.
The Commission also issues policy guidance notes on types of work which come before it regularly. They set out the Commission’s expectations of an application and some of the considerations relevant to its decision-making. Current notes are listed below (click on the titles to download):
- Access works in cathedrals
- Lighting and sound equipment in cathedrals
- Liturgical Plans for Cathedrals
- Loan of objects from cathedrals
- Microgeneration in cathedrals
- New art in cathedrals
- Supporting information for applications made to the Commission.
The Cathedral and Church Buildings Division publishes guidance and advice on the conservation of church buildings. Much of this is also relevant to cathedrals.