29 January 2013, Church House, Westminster
This well-attended day, provided by the staff of the Cathedrals Fabric Commission for England (CFCE) was kindly sponsored by the Cathedral Architects Association (CAA).
It aimed to provide both new and continuing members of cathedral Fabric Advisory Committees (FACs) with an overview of the Care of Cathedrals Measure and the respective roles of FACs, the Commission, cathedral Chapters and professional advisers within it.
It was also a great opportunity to meet with others from different cathedrals around the country to share issues and expertise.
Presentations from the day are available to download:
- The Care of Cathedrals Measure 2011 – Maggie Goodall (Deputy Secretary – CFCE)
- Process and applications – Anne Locke (Cathedrals Officer, Cathedrals and Church Buildings Division)
- FACs and Chapters – Sandy Nairne (FAC Chairman) St Paul’s Cathedral – Part 1
- FACs and Chapters - Nicholas Cottam (Administrator) St Paul’s Cathedral – Part 2
- FACs and Cathedral Administrators – Julian Limentani (FAC Chairman) & Edwina Bell (Administrator) Rochester Cathedral
- FACs and professional advisers – Tony Gillham (FAC Chairman) York Minster - Part 1
- FACs and professional advisers - Andrew Arrol (Surveyor to the Fabric) York Minster - Part 2